Scrapping Trident and ending foreign military interventions are the subjects of our two model contemporary resolutions to Labour Party Annual Conference this year.
- Scrap Trident and support negotiations for a Nuclear Weapons Convention
- Reject military interventionism to focus on UK defence needs
It is time the Labour Party seriously debated Trident, a throwback to the Cold War which consumes enormous resources that would be better spent elsewhere and with no relevance to the UK’s security needs.
Similarly, after the Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya invasions, it is time the party discussed rejecting military interventions and focusing on real UK defence needs.
It is vital that Labour CND supporters ensure these debates are heard at Labour Party Conference.
- Make sure your CLP discusses and submits one of these resolutions.
- Make sure your delegate is present at any relevant Conference Arrangements Committee meeting before conference.
- Make sure you promote the resolution to ensure it is prioritised for debate.
The deadline to submit motions is noon on 21 September 2012.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if your CLP is submitting one of these or a similar motion.
Labour CND’s fringe meeting at Labour Party Conference
Join the debate on Trident the Labour Party needs to have. It is time the Party discussed Trident, a throwback to the Cold War which consumes enormous resources that would be better spent elsewhere and which has no relevance to the UK’s security needs.
Cut Trident: Not Jobs, Health and Education
6pm, Monday 1st October
Arora Hotel, Princess St, Manchester [map]
Nick Brown MP
Katy Clark MP
Jeremy Corbyn MP
Julie Morgan AM
Neil Findlay MSP
Christine Shawcroft, NEC
Email email@example.com for more information.